Clark scores twice to help Royals advance to Premier League Two play-off semi-finals – Read online today

Reading FC’s Under-21s advanced to the last four of the Premier League 2 play-offs as John Clark’s brace helped them defeat Nottingham Forest.

Jayden Wareham scored from the penalty spot to give the Royals an early lead before Clarke scored his first goal of the afternoon.

Forest narrowed the gap before half-time, but Clark headed home again to send Reading through.

Noel Hunt made just one change from the side that beat Middlesbrough last weekend, with John Clark returning to the side in place of Basil Touma.

Royals have beaten Middlesbrough thanks to Adrian Akande’s double as they look to reach the last four of the Premier League play-offs.

Reading ranks sixth in the league with 35 points, while Forest ranks 14th with 28 points.

The Royals got off to a brisk start and dominated the early stages as they look to capitalize on the energy of playing in front of a home crowd of over 1,000 at Select Car Leasing Stadium.

The fast start paid off when, after a corner kick, Louis Holzmann was tripped in the penalty area, leaving the referee with no choice but to point to the penalty spot.

Forward Jayden Wareham stopped to take responsibility and kept his cool to send the ball into the bottom left corner of the goal to give the Royals the lead eight minutes later.

A few minutes later, Reading’s advantage almost doubled. Charlie Wellings sent a dangerous ball in front of the penalty area. Wareham sneaked in and the Forest defender intercepted the ball first, completing a crucial move. interception.

Forest took their first risk forward after 15 minutes but it failed after Adrian Akande returned to help the defense and win the ball on the edge of the box.

John Clakre was inches away from making it 2-0 when his header bounced off the woodwork after receiving a cross from a tight angle.

Ten minutes later, Clark headed home an inswinging corner kick from Matty Carson.

Despite Reading’s dominance, their lead was halved before the break, with Forest scoring from their first attack which ended with Esapa Osun firing the ball past Konya Boyce-Clarke, coolly fired into the bottom corner.

Hunter’s side tried to restore their two-goal lead in the second half, with Carson’s free-kick and Touma’s strike pushing the scoreline higher.

Clark’s midfielder appeared again and scored a header from close range to make the score 3-1.

Wellens looked to find a fourth goal to equalize but his free kick was blocked by the Forest goalkeeper.

With Forest desperate to stay in the cup, they were frustrated by Reading’s confident control of the ball.

Forest did find their chance, with the ball bouncing dangerously inside the Reading penalty area before John Ryan made a crucial block on the goal line.

The Royals have now moved on to the semi-finals next weekend.

Read: Boyce-Clark, Ryan, Holzman, Stickland, Clark, Carson, Akande, Wellens, Bognis, Orkin-Peters, Wareham

Substitutes: Collins, Paul, Senga, Tuma, Clark

Nottingham Forest: Bote, Thompson, McAdam, Hanks, McDonald, Abbott, Perkins, Perry, Osun, Konate, Nadine

Substitutes: Inquisitor, Powell, Gardner, Newton, Sinclair

Goals: Wareham 8′ (penalty kick), Clark 35′, 66′, Osun 38′

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *