Premier League Match Predictions | Opta Analysts


With the help of artificial intelligence supercomputers, we provide Premier League match predictions for every match of every matchweek.


The 2023-24 Premier League season is shaping up to be one of the best in recent memory.

We are in a title race, defending champions Manchester City are the team to beat and Arsenal hold them to the end.

There will be an equally fierce battle to avoid relegation, with playing in the Premier League now more valuable than ever financially.

Our artificial intelligence Opta supercomputer has been making match selections for every game during this exciting season.

continue reading Opta Analyst Premier League predictions are available, so be sure to check back every week.

Match Day 36

The Opta supercomputer has released its latest picks of match predictions ahead of the Premier League weekend.

Our prediction model has made its picks for the latest round of fixtures, which remains a crucial period of the season with just one point separating the teams at the two ends of the table.

The system performed strongly in last gameweek’s draft, with favorites Arsenal, Manchester City and Newcastle United all triumphing. However, surprise draws for Liverpool and Manchester United against West Ham and Burnley respectively ensure that this is not a perfect match prediction.

Round 36 will feature one game on Friday and five on Saturday, with title contenders Arsenal and Manchester City both involved.

There are three games on Sunday, including one that could take place this week, with Liverpool under pressure facing Tottenham Hotspur, who hope to stay in contention for a Champions League spot before Manchester United face Crystal Palace on Monday. Chasing Aston Villa.

Before another interesting set of Premier League matches begins, let’s take a look at the Opta supercomputer’s match predictions.

Premier League predictions for Game 36: Quick hits

  • Opta supercomputer overwhelmingly supports arsenal and Manchester City With the victory of MD 36, their respective championships are on the right track.
  • liverpool Hopefully bounce back from their recent struggles by defeating them tottenham hotspur In an important Premier League game at Anfield.
  • Spurs hope to beat top four opponents aston villa The journey is difficult brighton Our model sees this game as too close to call a winner.

luton town and everton It wasn’t long ago that they were relegation rivals, but now it’s only the hosts who are fighting to retain their top-flight status heading into Friday night’s clash at Kenilworth Road.

Luton have suffered three consecutive Premier League defeats at the worst possible time, but they still have hope of overtaking Nottingham Forest.

By contrast, the Toffees have secured themselves safety with three successive wins in this game, but are winless in nine away games in the Premier League since defeating Burnley in December. Hope to continue this winning streak here.

The Opta prediction model sees this as one of the closest games of the week, with only Luton ahead at 36.8%. Everton are not far behind with 34.5%, so keep an eye out for the threat of a draw at 28.7%.

Premier League match predictions MD 36

Saturday’s action begins with an important game in the title race arsenal host bournemouth Early in the kickoff. The Gunners passed a huge test of their credentials with victory in last week’s north London derby and will once again look to capitalize on their starting advantage to put pressure on Manchester City.

Mikel Arteta’s side are favorites to beat the Cherries, with a win rate of 70.3% in pre-match simulations on the Opta supercomputer. Bournemouth only have a 10.3% chance of winning and a 19.4% chance of a draw.

Last season, Arsenal fought back from 2-0 down to beat Bournemouth 3-2 and win all six Premier League games at the Emirates Stadium. Only against Stoke City (10/10) do the Gunners have a better 100% record in home games in the Premier League.

A word of caution, though; since recording their first win of the season in late October, Andoni Illaura’s side have won 45 points in 26 Premier League games (13 wins, 6 draws and 7 losses), with only so far The top four performed better. Despite this, Arsenal remain second favorites from 10 games into Round 36.

Brentford (43.6%) Attend their home games Fulham (28.2%) Favorite to secure three points. Both sides have escaped relegation, with the visitors still having a slim chance of finishing in the top ten.

But to do that they must improve on their recent games against Brentford, who have won five of their last seven games against Fulham in all competitions.

This London derby could be the game where Ivan Toney ends his goal drought. He has failed to score in his last nine games, his longest run without a goal since a 10-game run for Peterborough United between February and April 2019.

Five points in three games means there is still hope burnleybut their work will face new castle The team found its form towards the end of the season, winning three of its last four games.

Newcastle United have scored 74 goals in the Premier League this season, having only scored 82 in 1993-94, and their average of 2.2 goals per game is their most in the top flight since 1951-52. record, when they scored 98 goals in the 1951-52 season.

In-form Alexander Isak is in contention for the Golden Boot – he has scored 19 Premier League goals this season, nine of which have come in the past eight games. He could become the fifth after Alan Shearer (4 times), Andrew Cole (1993-94), Peter Beardsley (1993-94) and Les Ferdinand (1995-94) Newcastle players who have scored 20+ goals in a Premier League season.

The Opta supercomputer sees Newcastle United as the team most likely to win away from home this weekend with a win rate of 46.7%. But this kind of win probability still gives Burnley a chance to gain something from the game, with the home team’s odds of 25.2% and the odds of a draw at 28.1% regarded as good possibilities.

Another visiting team to support this week is Nottingham Forest (45.5%), as they head to the relegation game Sheffield United (26.4%).

The stakes are huge for Forest as they look to stop Luton and Burnley’s attacks. Much to their delight, the Blades have conceded 51 goals in 17 Premier League home games this season. In the history of England’s top flight, only Aston Villa in the 1935-36 season scored 56 goals at home in a single season. Chris Wilder’s side could also become just the second team in history to score 100 or more goals in the Premier League.

But Forest are under intense pressure, having kept no clean sheets in any of their past 12 Premier League away games. Led by Nuno Espirito Santo, they have taken just two points from their last seven games but are dominant here, albeit not overwhelmingly so.

This week’s most likely winner is…you guessed it, Manchester City.A warm welcome to the champions Wolves Heading into the Etihad Stadium later on Saturday, they have a 71.1% chance of victory. Wolves, whose head coach Gary O’Neill will serve a one-match ban, have just a 9.6% chance of winning and a 19.3% chance of a draw.

Wolves handed Manchester City their first defeat in the Premier League in September, but they have lost seven of their last eight league visits to the Etihad Stadium, with the only exception being 2 under Nuno in 2019-20. -0 wins.

Guardiola’s side have shown no signs of feeling the pressure so far, remaining unbeaten in 31 games in all competitions (25 wins, 6 draws). Manchester United were the last Premier League team to maintain a longer-lasting record, going 33 games unbeaten between December and May of the 1998-99 season.

A little further down the table, aston villa Still in control of Champions League qualifying two-horse race, but Emery’s side face test Travel to Brighton and Hove Albion on Sunday.

While Brighton’s own hopes of qualifying for Europe appear to have been dashed, the supercomputer simply cannot divide the team. Brighton and Villa both have a winning probability of 35.7% and a draw probability of 28.6%.

However, Villa will have fond memories of their last meeting with the Seagulls, winning 6-1 in September. They have won their last five Premier League meetings 14-3 on aggregate, most recently winning six consecutive Premier League games against neighbors Birmingham City between 2005 and 2010.

Sunday’s game marks an up-and-down season for both sides chelsea and west ham Upcoming London derby at Stamford Bridge. In the past 17 top-flight home games against West Ham United, they have achieved 12 wins, 4 draws and 1 loss. It can be said that Chelsea has dominated this game.

West Ham manager David Moyes has never won in 18 Premier League away games against Chelsea (D7 D11 L1) and Mauricio Pochettino will be the first player he has faced at Stamford Bridge at that time. 11 different Blues managers. The only example of a manager taking charge of more games at one venue without winning was Moyes himself during his poor form at Anfield (19 games).

Our predictive model suggests Moyes may be in more trouble, with Chelsea’s chances of victory at 48.7% and West Ham’s just 24.2%. If the Blues do emerge victorious, they will be hoping to have a chance of overtaking their local rivals.

It’s been a rough few weeks for me liverpool, But Super Computer thinks they will bounce back at home Tottenham Hotspur. The Reds have a 55.5% chance of beating Tottenham, while Tottenham’s winning percentage is as low as 19.9%. This may be a key game that determines whether the Reds can enter the top four.

Part of the reason for the home side’s support is their good record heading into this fixture – Liverpool have lost just one of their last 29 home Premier League games against Tottenham (19 wins, 9 draws), and that was in 2011 Lost 2-0 in May.

Liverpool have been beaten in their last two home games in all competitions, but that’s as much as they’ve suffered in their previous 57 games and our system expects their form to return positively to average. They failed to score in both defeats, and the last time Liverpool suffered three consecutive defeats at Anfield without reply was more than two years ago (March 2021). Jurgen Klopp is likely to get his players fired up for their penultimate home game in charge at the famous stadium.

Game 36 ends at Selhurst Park, where Oliver Glasner’s resurgence ends crystal palace Facing the Attack of Eric Ten Witches Manchester United. The Red Devils have a 41.7% win probability ahead of Crystal Palace’s 29.3%, although Monday’s game has the highest probability of a draw at 29.0%.

Manchester United have suffered four Premier League defeats in London this season, to Tottenham Hotspur, Arsenal, West Ham United and Chelsea. They have never before lost five games in a single away league game in the capital.

They are expected to be tested by Crystal Palace, who have won three of their five home Premier League games (one draw, one loss) since Glasner took over in February, including the last two games. This is their first win in 12 home games this season under Roy Hodgson (3 wins, 3 draws and 6 losses), so the fight for MD 36 should be a tight battle.


Enjoy this? Sign up to our football newsletter to receive exclusive weekly content.You can also follow our social accounts XInstagram, TikTok and Facebook.





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *